6.05.2006

how do you??!!

get a 27 and 28 year old to sleep like a bunch of babies?
first you have them stay out until 3 am... drinking, laughing, playing rummikub. yeah, we're cool! and we only know about that game because of my grandma and her boyfriend. does that make us even cooler?! ;P
then you make them play sand volleyball. 2 on 2. in 80+ degree weather. no wind. for about three hours. man, did that make us feel old...
after playing to sheer exhaustion we come home, cook dinner, pop some ibuprofin for those raging headaches, down a couple of gallons of gatorade, and watch a movie. a movie that we thought was a comedy. a movie that turned out to be not so funny... good but not so funny. the movie? the family stone. so why was it bad to watch this movie? because nick and i were crying like a bunch of babies at the end. so not what we were expecting.
which left us two hipsters passed out by 10 pm. sad. also left me husband crying a day later at work whenever he thought about the movie. also made him get the baby itch that much more... sigh.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh oh, I just got that movie and now I don't think I want to watch it! I'll just have to wait until I need a good long cry I guess.

Other than that the weekend sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

Jim and I just watched this movie a week or so ago. Jim ended up falling asleep about 15 mins. into it (we really are old!) but I loved it! I was bawling at the end, but who can't use a good cry every now and then?

Rita

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that we also love rummikub!

Rita

Colleen said...

I've been warned about that movie which is why I haven't seen it yet. And how you made it through the entire movie without falling asleep after that long day is mind-boggling. I fall asleep within 15 minutes even after a nap. :o|

Your stories crack me up; I totally feel like I was a fly on the wall watching you two.

Jill Felker said...

Well, hey, at least you got a good night's sleep. LOL!

Kache said...

That's on my netflix list, I was warned ahead of time it's not all funny, well now I'm really prepared!
No idea what rummikub is, your grandma is up on all the fun games :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time with Grandma, used to play rummikub a lot. Will have to remember this movie when DH isn't home or I need a good cry.

Carrie

Stacey said...

Must be a grandma thing...I play rummikub with my grandma too =).

Brandy said...

add it to the queue...

Unknown said...

I've been dying to see that movie!! Hey, I love rummikub and I didn't play it with my grandma, either! So pfffth! ;)

Breana said...

YOU CRACK ME UP!!! Reed and I watched that too, he hated it, i liked it, i cried too!

Heather said...

I'll have to keep that one in mind the next time I need a good cry. :)

You guys made it further than we probably would have... we just can't hang anymore. I'll have to tak Rita and Jim into teaching us rummikub.